Once your part is contaminated, the process is not necessarily over. Many industrial companies choose to invest in die casting surface treatment of their parts. Although die casting surface treatment is not required, adding external finishes to die casting can significantly improve the quality and value of the product by providing additional features that you or your customers may find attractive.
Die-casting products are:Motor cover; Power tool accessories; Motor bracket; etc.
Here are some casting surface treatment options worth considering:
Coatings: Coatings or powder coatings are natural coatings for die castings. When you apply paint or powder coating on a pre-treated or untreated metal surface, you will get a part that looks great, and you can customize it according to your brand.
Aluminum passivation: This aluminum component coating, also known as a conversion coating, is a thin film that is added to your components to improve corrosion resistance without reducing the component's conductivity.
Anodizing: When coating metal parts, we usually use three types of anodizing. Type I anodizing, also known as chromic acid anodizing, involves the use of toxic chromic acid, so it is generally only used in situations where a relatively large corrosion resistance is required. Type II anodizing is a common type that provides corrosion resistance while improving the appearance of parts. Type III or hard coating anodizing is a hard coating that can significantly increase the surface hardness of parts and reduce metal wear and abrasion.
Casting impregnation: During metal casting, some pores are usually inevitable. In many cases, small holes will not significantly affect the structural integrity of the part and can be ignored. However, if your parts must be strong and tight, you must take steps to eliminate porosity. Cast dip fills and seals tiny pores in parts that must be fully pressure sealed.
Electrophoretic coating: This method uses current to deposit paint. It can provide corrosion protection for a long time and is generally cheaper than other spray options.
Additional coating options can protect your die-cast parts from wear, improve corrosion resistance or increase the attractiveness of the parts, including:
Of course, adding a coating to a part increases costs, so you must perform a cost-benefit analysis to determine whether the coating is worth it. Appropriate cast parts made of high-quality materials usually do not require coating. Uncoated metal parts can work well in many industrial applications.
However, the correct coating will definitely increase the value of your parts, and in some cases, you may find that it significantly improves your process. Depending on your application, you can even find a suitable coating.
When signing a contract with Smart Lock Die Casting Company to produce parts, you should discuss with them the coatings they provide and the benefits of these coatings for your application. For some industries, good corrosion resistance may be a priority, while modern appearance or appropriately branded components may be a priority for other industries. Each situation is unique, which is why die-casting and It is very important to make a strategic plan in advance for coating selection.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Development trend of die-casting of coffee machine hardware accessories in China
- Jieaosi teaches you how to avoid electroplating residue of household appliances and hardware accessories
- Preparation of power tool parts before electroplating
- Jieaosi teaches you how to choose alloy gear die casting factory
- Benefits of precision die casting
- What are the ways to increase the life of the motor bracket mold
- What is the main purpose of the small appliance accessories die-casting factory?
- Zinc aluminum alloy die casting mold development cycle
- Internet era, the pace of the era of smart lock die castings
- What are the characteristics of zinc aluminum alloy die castings?
- Good material selection in aluminum alloy die casting is a solid foundation for high-quality products!
- Small matters about the electroplating process of zinc alloy die castings
- Performance skills of aluminum alloy die-casting communication electronic processing technology
- Die Casting Factory-Jie Aos Die Casting Company provides personalized customization